Grant Round Processes
Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Letters of Intent (LOI) are accepted upon the opening of a Grant Round, through the submission deadline.
- LOI are electronically submitted as a .pdf document using the form provided.
- Each LOI is reviewed by members of the Project Management and Oversight Panel (PMOP) to determine if the proposed project meets minimum funding criteria.
- Those project teams whose proposals meet criteria are invited to submit a full application.
- The application is submitted as a .pdf document using the provided form, through the submission deadline.
- Each application is reviewed by members of the PMOP using the scorecard.
- The eight (8) highest ranked teams, based on scoring results, are invited to present in person to the Project Management and Oversight Panel.
- Invited teams submit their presentation as a PowerPoint using the provided template.
- Presenters are allotted 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of Q&A, led by the Project Management and Oversight Panel.
- Based on the recommendations of the Project Management and Oversight Panel, our Board of Directors makes all final funding decisions.
- Approval for funding by the Virginia Catalyst Board of Directors is subject to the negotiation of meaningful milestones, which are laid out in the grant agreement.
- Matching funds must be verified by our accounting firm prior to the first disbursement.
- We require semi-annual project reports from all open projects.
- A Final Report is required by all projects to receive the final milestone payment.
- Annual reports may be requested from the project team for up to five years after the project end date.